Sunday, February 13, 2011

And it's time to rest...for 1 minute

That lull I'd mentioned - short lived

I'm officially exhausted.  Fabrics I'd custom ordered from UK weavers Joshua Ellis showed up a mere 6 days before my fall 2011 deadline - stressing out not only me, but my pattern maker too.  That small amount of time means no margin for error, no time to deal with possible fabric errors, and a serious rush on samples that would otherwise have more time.  If the fabrics had shown up any later, those samples may never have been completed, and those pieces turned out to be some of my favorite in the collection, so what a relief that they came in! WHEW

Aside from running all over the city trying to get everything done on time, fighting the computer trying to create line sheets for the trade show, and sewing some accessories on my domestic machine at home, I'd been struggling with how expensive starting a company can be, and decided it was time to get a part time job - which I started this week - my craziest week

So basically I'm too tired to write anything interesting, but hey, here are some pics!

 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment